3 amazing dessert recipes for Valentine’s Day
Who doesn’t want to surprise Bae with a special cake but can’t find a decent recipe? Here are 3 amazing dessert ideas- from a delectable Vanilla cake to blueberry cupcake and a decadent strawberry cake. Designed by experts, so that you can make your partner feel special at home, with these lovely desserts.
Dessert ideas for Valentine’s day
1. Vanilla Cake with Strawberry Compote
By Sous Chef Sasha Wadhwa– Pastry & Bakery, Couche Patisserie
PREP : 40MINS
Cooking: 2–3 hours
- CALORIES- 298
- FATS- 20
Ingredients for Vanilla Sponge Cake (6 inch pan)
- 100 gms Maida
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 140 gms Thick Curd
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 80 gms Caster Sugar
- 50 gms oil
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
Baking Time – 25-30 minutes
Baking Temperature – 150°C
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Mix the baking soda and curd well and set aside.
- Whisk oil and caster sugar until well combined.
- Add in vanilla and curd + baking soda mixture and whisk until it comes together.
- Sift in the maida and baking powder and fold gently with a spatula until batter looks well combined and no flour pockets are visible.
- Pour into a greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted to check doneness comes out clean.
Ingredients for Strawberry Compote
- 80 gms diced Strawberries (1)
- 160 gms chopped Strawberries (2)
- 3 tbsp/45 gms Caster Sugar
- ¼ Lemon
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract (optional)
- Add 80 gms diced strawberries to a pan with the caster sugar. On a low flame, slowly let the strawberries cook down. Stir occasionally and make sure the mixture doesn’t stick to the base of the pan.
- When the mixture has thickened up (about 10-15 minutes), switch off the flame and set aside. Let it cool.
- Add the chopped strawberries to the cooked strawberry compote, along with the lemon juice and vanilla and mix to combine. Refrigerate until required.
- Slice the vanilla sponge cake and serve with a side of strawberry compote and whipped cream.
Serving suggestion – You can also make a layered cake by slicing the cake in half horizontally, and layering it with strawberry compote and whipped cream. Cover the sides and top with whipped cream and garnish with fresh strawberries and Voila! your dessert is ready.
Also read- 5 Best Cloud Kitchens for a Valentine’s Day Celebration
2. Blueberry & Blue Matcha Cup Cake
Delicious cup cake recipe especially curated by Group Pastry Chef Balwinder Singh, Centre Point hotel Nagpur.
Preparation – 40MINS
Cooking: 1 hours
- FATS- 10
For Cup Cake Batter
- 50gm Butter
- 50gm Castor sugar
- 1 Egg
- 50gm Flour
- 0.02gm Baking Powder
- 0.05gm Blue Tea Matcha Powder
- 0.1gm Blueberry Filling
- 20gm Whip cream
- 2gm Blue Tea Matcha Powder
- 5gm Milk Maid
- 2no Fresh Blueberries
- Sugar Sprinklers for Garnish
- Weight all the above ingredients and cream butter and castor sugar with hand whisker.
- Now add eggs and mix it well till all lumps smoothen properly.
- Now add all dry ingredients and blue berry filling and mix till all ingredients may make smooth Batter.
- Reheat oven on 180 degree C and bake the mixture by pouring in cupcake molds about 12-15 min.
- For topping take whip cream add milk maid and blue matcha powder and make smooth blue cream.
- Now cool the cup cake for an hour. Now put the prepared topping cream in piping bag and pipe the cream with star nozzle on top of cup cake as you desire. Now garnish with blue berries and sugar sprinklers and your dessert is ready!
3. Classical vanilla and strawberry cake
By Chef Akash khandelwal, Sous Chef – Pastry & Bakery, Welcomhotel Sheraton New Delhi
Prep – 60MINS
Cooking: 2–3 hours
- CALORIES- 355
- FATS- 32
- 3 eggs with vanilla essence
- 90g sugar
- 90g flour
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 200ML cane sugar syrup (50gm sugar and 150ml hot water)
- 3 gelatin sheets
- 370ml whipping cream (up to 40% fat)
- 250g strawberries
- 50g sugar
For the garnish:
- 250g fresh strawberries
Sponge cake: –Whisk eggs with sugar until light & fluffy, slowly fold in the flour. Add the melted butter at the last and bake at 180c for 15 mins in a heart shape tin.
Strawberry mousse: –Soak the gelatin in ice-cold water. Take the strawberries in a pan and sugar. Cook slowly and create a preserve like structure. Add the soaked gelatin into the compote. Whip the cream and until soft and fluffy. Fold the cream in the compote. Creating a strawberry mousse. Chill in a refrigerator.
Assembling: –Take a heart shape ring and arrange strawberries on the corners. Take the sponge and apply sugar syrup using a brush. Pipe the strawberry mousse using a star nozzle and put ½ strawberries in an arrangement. Creating an aesthetic look.