In a recent report, KPMG revealed that the Indian wedding industry is the second largest in the world after the US with an approximate size of $50 billion – an astounding number. Unlike other industries, the Indian wedding industry is dominated by a core group of stakeholders who control the majority of the market. Retrouvailles is a platform that brings together these stakeholders – all real-life rockstars – to celebrate and appreciate their work. Retrouvailles is a French word which means: the joy of reuniting with someone after a long period of time .
Retrouvailles ’20 is a new initiative by EXP Exchange to celebrate the best of the Indian Luxury Wedding Industry. It was a first-of-its-kind event to celebrate the best of the Indian Luxury Wedding Industry. True to its promise, over 300 wedding professionals attended an evening program of a showcase, live music and entertainment.
The event was organized by Kanika Mehta and EXP Exchange. Said Kanika, “We wanted to get the leading wedding planners of India together – all real-life rockstars – to celebrate their work and are delighted with the response.”
From the makers of the impeccably designed Deep-Veer wedding to the celestially gorgeous Virat-Anushka wedding to the highly-detailed Priyanka-Nick wedding to the mammoth Ambani wedding – were a part of the event.
The event took place on Friday, 20th December 2019 at Riviera House, Ambience Island, Gurugram.
Some prominent wedding professionals who were part of the event:
- Aditya Motwane, Director, Motwane Entertainment & Weddings (Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas Wedding)
- Vandana Mohan, Director, The Wedding Design Co. (Deep-Veer Wedding)
- Aarti Manocha, Milestone to Memories (Akash Ambani Wedding)
- Kainaz Sethna, Director, Seven Steps (Isha Ambani Wedding)
- Mohomed Morani, Director, Cineyug and Owner of NSCI DOME, Mumbai (Star Screen Awards)
- Sumant Jayakrishnan, Director, Scenografia Sumant (Celebrated Decor Designer)
- Kapil & Sandy Khurana, Directors, The Entertainment Design Co. (Leading wedding invitation card designers)
For fashion updates and wedding inspiration, follow us on-
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shaadifever/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shaadifever/
To get featured on our blog, mail us your wedding story at [email protected]